Child Care Services
Owners of child care businesses have a special place in our hearts at A-Z Business Services. Our Founder, Cynde Canepa is a previously registered family child care provider herself. In the ten years that she managed her child care business, she cared for and loved an average of seven children, ages seven months to eight years. She knows first-hand the unique accounting and tax requirements of your business.
We help child care service businesses with their accounting, tax, invoicing, receipt-tracking, calendaring, and many other tasks so that you can optimize your profits in your business. We also offer child care program management training that is certified so you can earn continuing education credits while improving your business’s organization.
Getting Organized with Your Recordkeeping and Taxes
You might think that doing everything yourself is cheaper, but in the long run, it can cost you precious time and extra money at tax time. We know you have the best intentions to get everything into an accounting system like QuickBooks, but your time is full to overflowing with planning curriculum, meals, and attending to the needs of your children.
Here’s what we can provide child care agencies like yours:
- Accounting software selection, installation, customization, and training. We set up the accounting system to handle your invoicing, meal tracking, receipts, supplies allocations between personal and business, and so much more!
- Monthly, quarterly or annual bookkeeping services for service-based businesses, including reconciliations, accounts payable and accounts receivable support. We can save you time so you can focus on the children and their special needs.
- Financial report preparation, including assistance in understanding your reports. You really need to know how much you’re making every month.
- Time-tracking support so you can take a bigger home office deduction and increase your profits accordingly.
- Category design for a better understanding of what you’re spending on each type of expense: meals, supplies, invoicing, health and first aid, curriculum planning, and more.
- Cash flow forecasting
- Mobile accounting functionality
- If you have staff, payroll software selection, reporting, tax compliance, workers compensation, and other payroll management issues
- Tax return preparation and planning, and especially maximizing your home office deduction and keeping the supporting documents for that deduction.
- And more depending on your specific financial needs
Child Care Program Management Training
Cynde Canepa, Master Trainer and Step 10 provides training and courses on numerous child care program management topics, such as how to get organized, food tracking, meal tracking, tracking your hours worked, curriculum planning, invoicing the parents, supplies tracking, calendar management, care days tracking, and many others. You can earn continuing education credits that go toward child care program management since her trainings are certified through the Oregon Child Care Registry.
Here are all of the topics we teach:
- Dollars & Sense series: Business Communication, Business Plan workshop, Record Keeping.
- Record Keeping & Tax Forms in Family Child Care – Set 2 Certified Training
- Analyzing your Financial Statements for your Child Care Center – Set 2 Certified Training
- QuickBooks; Bookkeeping; Profit & Loss Financial Statement